Sunday 16 March 2014

March Update for WIPocalypse 2014

So this month`s theme is `Where do you stitch?"

I have lymphedema  fairly significantly, especially in the legs, so I spend a lot of time with my feet up to drain.  My favourite stitching spot at home is here. At the other end of the sofa is a small end table with a lamp that has an Ott-light bulb in it.





A slightly longer view at my favourite spot.  The place is a lovely old Edwardian building with original mouldings and some original woodwork, including the original thick hardwood floor.  Got to love living in a town with mostly old housing stock!


Sometimes when the weather is good, I`ll go out to one of the public seating areas to stitch, like at the local library.  In summer, I enjoy stitching outside, and since my place has no yard that means the waterfront or here:

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place to stitch - your fireplace woodwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. It`s period for the house, about 1918 or so.

      Delete
  2. Your stitching spot looks very comfy! Do you sit at the end of the couch with your legs on the couch propped up on pillows? I put my legs on a footstool in front of me. Your outside stitching spot looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I prop up on the couch, as it gives better support under my damaged knees. The park is my favourite of the city squares, although I have been known to plop down wherever there is a bench!

      Delete