Monday 24 February 2014

February update for WIPocalypse 2014

So this month's topic for reflection is how many projects at a time.

Generally, I'll have at least 3 on the go.  One big one, that stays home - this is usually a high stitch count too, and I'll work on it when light, hands, and eyes are all cooperating.  I enjoy the detail of miniatures and the way colours blend from a distance, plus stitch counts over 35 per inch let me do the intricate pictures I love in a scale that I can afford to frame!

A second project with a lower stitch count - usually 16 to 22 - is for those times when I'm not quite up to the big one.  I find this second piece rotates between another big one and a smaller one to carry around. 

The third project is something I carry around all the time, for all those times of standing in line and waiting.  On the bus, in lineups, waiting rooms, all those times.  So this is smaller, often a larger stitch, maybe fewer colours; overall a small enough packet to fit in a purse or briefcase.  Pulling it out gets some strange looks, sometimes, but it's also a great conversation-starter.

Of course, this does not include the many UFOs I have whispering "finish me, finish me!"  I keep a basket of the ones closest to done near where I usually stitch, to work on when I want a change or a quick gift - or when I feel guilty for wanting to start yet another project before finishing any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment